Skip to content

Foreign Language Courses Abroad

A. Language Placement Test

If you are studying in a country where another language is taught, you will be given a placement test upon arrival to determine your course level. Some programs offer intensive language courses before the beginning of the semester for which you will also receive credit.

B. Placement Level

You should be aware that you cannot repeat the same course level that you already completed at Rider and again receive credits. If your placement test is below or at the same level that you have completed at Rider, such credits will be transferred to Rider as general liberal arts electives credits, as long as you receive at least a "C" grade.